Hazardous goods storage cupboards
Do you work with chemicals, toxins and paints, with flammable and water hazardous liquids? You can store dangerous substances like this safely in hazardous goods storage cupboards. There is a cupboard to match every application, from environmental cupboards or chemical storage cupboards to gas cylinder cupboards. Choose the right one here!
Hazardous goods storage cupboards: secure storage with no ifs and buts
You don't even need to read all the regulations and laws to know that hazardous goods need to be stored in the company with particular diligence and safety. This is particularly true when you have to store flammable, corrosive, water hazardous or toxic substances in your workrooms to ensure employees have access to them. For cases like this, the hazardous goods storage cupboards from KAISER+KRAFT are the safest solution, and also comply with all regulations.
Which regulations apply for hazardous goods storage cupboards?
When it comes to hazardous goods management in the company, the following regulations apply, first of all, at European level, and also define all overarching requirements of environmental, safety and hazardous goods storage cupboards, or the handling of hazardous substances:
- Company safety directive
- Hazardous Substances Directive
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Water Management Act
For fire resistant storage cupboards, the following also specifically applies:
- EN 14470-1
EN 14470-2 also applies for safety cupboards for compressed gas cylinders. Furthermore, employees must inform themselves about any country-specific regulations that outline these regulations more precisely, while also applying stricter standards for the necessary level of fire resistance and the capacity of the cupboard sumps. There are also a number of technical specifications that apply as well.
We have compiled three purchasing guides to provide you with an initial overview:
- Information on regulation compliant storage of hazardous materials
- Storage of water hazardous liquids in environmental and chemical cupboards
- Storage of flammable liquids in safety cupboards
The basic tenor of all these regulations is, however, always the same: the choice of material and the equipment features of the environmental, safety and hazardous goods storage cupboards must be adapted to the hazard presented by the substance, and must regulate access to these substances in one way or another.
Which features do high-quality hazardous goods storage cupboards have?
At KAISER+KRAFT, we provide a large range of different safety and hazardous goods storage cupboards, each of which satisfies the requirements that specific substances present:
- Fire resistant hazardous goods storage cupboards with different levels of fire resistance (FM, type 15, type 30, type 90)
- Chemical storage cupboards for storing water hazardous and/or toxic substances with the corresponding shelves and ventilation connections pre-installed
- Environmental cupboards for liquids in small containers for storage in work rooms
- Fire resistant safety drum cupboards, type 90
- Liquefied gas cylinders and depots, as well as compressed gas cylinder cupboards G 90 for particularly high storage requirements, also for liquids in tanks, bins and drums
- Special EUROKRAFT environmental cupboards for outdoor storage, which are currently only available from us
The suitability for a specific substance can be quickly and easily found out on each product page by looking at the GHS pictograms, DIN standards and test seals specified. However, we always recommend researching the exact laws before making a purchase – and this includes the approval granted for a specific type of cupboard in your respective country.
The safety that the environmental and hazardous goods storage cupboards provide doesn't just refer to their resistance to the effects of certain substances, but also to the awareness of how they are used by authorised employees. This is, for example, ensured by:
- Adjustable shelves for different containers and safety and transport containers
- Shelves with pull-out stops and anti-tipping devices
- Manipulation-proof locks, doors that, in part, close automatically in the event of fire, some degree of suitability for integration in lock systems
- Useful door locking mechanisms for safe placement and removal of containers
- Base sumps
Hazardous goods management with KAISER+KRAFT
As an employer, you are obliged to guarantee safety in your company over the full usage cycle of a hazardous good – from procurement through to disposal. KAISER+KRAFT is at your side to help you with an extensive range of products and services.
This applies for details such as sump trays, and also includes diligence in the set-up of hazardous goods storage cupboards and other essential items of equipment. We have put together the purchasing guide Proper planning for laboratory furnishings so that you can satisfy the extremely high requirements made of safety in the laboratory.
Furthermore, in addition to selected hazardous goods storage cupboards, we also offer additional services from which your hazardous goods handling can profit. We deliver certain cupboards to the place of use for a small extra fee, bringing them directly to their intended spot – without requiring any logistical efforts on your part.
In addition, you can use our maintenance and testing service for safety and hazardous goods storage cupboards, and document and manage the results in the free-of-charge test planning tool online.
We are happy to provide you with advice in person on the advantages you have as a customer of KAISER+KRAFT and, of course, our range of hazardous goods storage cupboards.
These products may also be of interest to you: